Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The following sources can help you determine:
- What your product is
- Who makes your product (or similar)
- How your product is made
Directory of industrial products and services; search by product category, keyword, brand name, and company name.
Product Discovery: Questions to Consider
Questions to ask as you search for information:
- How many different words might describe my product? Ex.: purifier or filter or cleanser
- How many different variations of this product might exist? Ex.: UV water purifier, biosand filtration system
- What are some existing product names that I can use to search for similar products?
- Who are the main manufacturers or suppliers of this type of product?
- How does the science or technology behind this product work?
- What government regulations might exist for this type of product?
Market and Consumer Discovery
Who are your consumers and what do they want?
Questions to ask as you consider your consumer:
- Is my target consumer local, regional, or global?
- Is my target consumer individuals or entities?
- What is the culture of my target consumer and how does that affect product expectations? Ex. Imperial vs. metric units
- Will my target consumer want many options or few options?
- What resources (and how much of them) will my target consumer have? Ex. Money, technological skills, education
Call Number: WCU E-book
Publication Date: 2012
See at a glance who spends the most and who controls the largest market share products and services.
Consumer Expenditure Survey
Information on the buying habits of American consumers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics; includes data on their expenditures, income, and consumer unit (families and single consumers) characteristics.
, Computer Science
, Construction Management
, Environmental Science
, Forensic Science
, Natural Resource Management