WRCS (ENGL 101/202) Goals
The student will be able to:
- Identify ways to obtain research assistance, while in the library or at a remote location.
- Identify various types of information such as books and articles.
- Develop basic criteria and use that criteria for evaluating sources, both for academic research and everyday information needs.
- Locate a variety of sources relevant to their topic.
- Locate a book in the library catalog, check it out, and understand related circulation policies
Additional Instruction Topics (if it fits the assignment):
A. Library borrowing services (ABC Express and/or Interlibrary Loan)
B. Basic search strategies (AND, quotations, using database limiting features or subject links)